Friday 29 June 2012

Finger Animal 1-10

I completed a series of pictures of animal when I was on my way back from Chicago to Seoul. First of all, I saw the giraffe in a kid's colouring book given by Korea air. I quickly copied down the giraffe within 2 minutes. I was inspired by its eyes of different sizes. However, i do not really like some of other characters provided in the colouring book. Thus, I decide to do my own big-eye-and-small-eye animals. I spent lot of time drawing my own creations during the entire 12-hour flight. All pictures were done by my index finger.

For all pictures, I just drew out one big eye and one small eye first and sketched the animal. Sometimes I tried a few times as it was not easy to draw out different kinds of animals in a same posture. I had to make some modification here and there. And I had to ensure other people can tell what animal it is at the first glance. Last but not least, I colored my drawings with water colour brush.

My friends all told me they found my drawing of those animals are very cute. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment